Search This Blog

Thursday 27 January 2011

20 weeks today!!! Scan tomorrow! Contractions :(

Ok so i was looking forward to the milestone that is 20 weeks, until last Saturday i found myself with 24 hours of contractions, painfull 4-6 minutes contractions!!! I called the maternity unit who didnt want to know unless i was referred over tot hem, so i had to go to A and E who basically told me that as there was no bleeding i should go home.... i was so pissed that they can send a woman home with PAINFUL REGULAR CONTRACTIONS!!! What annoyed me more is that the maternity unit would not give me any advice!! My midwife eventually called me on TUESDAY after all this had happened and said they wouldnt do anything to stop labour/contractions this early on - this saddened me some what but i guessi can understand why... i just dont rate the lack of "care" you get in this country.

Anyway the ocntractions passed come Sunday but i was so physically and emotionally exhausted by it all, i had to just sleep....i didnt feel the baby for a whole 24 hours which petrified me, but i had no one to call who gave a damn!! By Monday i began to feel kicks again which was such a big releif.

Weirdly thrugh all the my pelvis pain eased off totally, but its now back again with avengence! I have my physio appt at 8am on Monday morning, and i hope they are kind to me and dont man handle me too much!

My acid reflux has eased alot this week too which has been a nice change!!

Other than that i am still quite tired, but i think its down to A- me tossing and turning til i eventually drop off, and B - DH not being able to sleep come the early hours so getting up at silly times like 5am....grrrrr. All good practice for very little sleep i guess.

I am excited and nervous for the scan tomorrow and i am just hoping that all is going to be ok.... i will report back.

Stay hopeful peeps!

FH X

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm sorry you started having contractions so early on!
    And it's still too early to worry about not feeling movements so you are right, no one would do anything about that. Since baby can still "hide" from you there is no point in things like kick counts etc until 28 weeks when the baby can no longer hide anywhere in there.
    Tell that little booger to hold on tight for 4 more weeks so they can give you a shot next time you start contracting.
    update after your U/S!
    xoxo good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for your comment! Happy to say, scan went well - its a girl! I have had no more contractions and am praying the next few weeks will remain quiet on that front!!! She is a wiggly little being and i hope she stays that way!! xxx

    ReplyDelete